Department of Sanskrit Studies and Philosophy under the School of Indian Heritage at Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute, Belur Math is organizing a 7-day National Workshop on Vyākaraṇa Mahābhāṣya of Patañjali (Samarthāhnikam).
- Thorough explanation of the text with cross references from within the bhāṣya and other source books of vyākaraṇa
- Pradīpatīka of Kayyaṭa and Udyota of Nāgeśabhaṭṭa – line by line discussion
- Prof. Narottam Senapati, HoD, Dept. of Sanskrit, Pali, Prakrit Visva-Bharati (Inaugural Session)
- Dr. Ch.K.Padmanabham, Asst. Prof. Vyakarana Vibhaga Rajiv Gandhi Campus, Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, Sringeri (Technical Sessions)
- Prof. Satyajit Layek, HoD, Dept. of Sanskrit Calcutta University (Valedictory Session)
- Inaugural Session: 11 am, 5 Jan 2019
- Valedictory Session: 2.30 pm, 12 Jan 2019
- Technical Session-1: 11 am to 1 pm
- Technical Session-2: 6.45 to 8.45 pm
Seminar Hall 307 (Second floor), Medha Bhavan
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
PO Belur Math, Dist Howrah 711202 Belur Main Campus
How to Apply
Write a mail giving the following details:
- Name, age, sex, qualification (and designation if any.)
- Why do you want to attend the workshop (In two or three sentences)
- Will you attend all the sessions
- Email ID: Address the mail to “The Convenor”
You will be sent link to an online Form for filling up your details and another link for paying Registration fee online.
Who can apply
- Research Scholars/ Sanskrit Teachers
Selection of candidates by the University will be final.
Last date to apply: 28 Dec 2018
- Rs.1500/- for scholars
- Rs.2000/- for teachers
- Accommodation and Food (Extra): Rs.2000/-
Please note : Seats are limited. Admissions will be on first come first served basis.
Dr. Neeraj Kumar Bhargave
Asst. Professor, Dept. of Sanskrit Studies
Head, Dept. of Sanskrit Studies
Mobile: 8902657749, 8230864238 (9.30 am to 5.30 pm except Sundays)
Please note that Dr. Padmanabham will also give a series of classes on Bauddhārthaprakaraṇam of Vaiyākaraṇa-siddhānta-laghumañjūṣā of Nāgeśabhaṭṭa. Registered delegates will have, as an added privilege, free entry to these lectures.