Bharatiya Jnana Parampara Adhyayana
(Study of Indian Knowledge Tradition Scheme)
Online Sanskrit Learning Programme
The Department of Sanskrit and Philosophy under the School of Indian Heritage, Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (RKMVERI), Belur Math, is glad to announce the starting of an online certificate programme of 3-credits (for 1 semester = 6 months) to spread Sanskrit education among a wide range of learners in order to encourage everyone with a minimum qualification of just a pass in school final (Class X) with first division (60% marks in aggregate) to learn the basics of Sanskrit whose knowledge is the sine qua non for Bharatiya Jnana Parampara (Indian Knowledge Tradition). This programme, called Sanskrit Adhyayana (Level 1), taught by highly experienced teachers of the Department of Sanskrit and Philosophy of RKMVERI Deemed to be University, will expose the learners to the fundamentals of Sanskrit (language including grammar and literature, both secular and philosophical) in a simple way. On successful completion of this programme, motivated and interested students from anywhere, from any background, may move on to study further by joining higher level courses under the same Scheme of Bharatiya Jnana Parampara Adhyayana (Study of Indian Knowledge Tradition). Under the UGC’s credit accumulation scheme called ABC (Academic Bank of Credit), a student can go on accumulating credits from further advanced courses moving on and on upto even the postgraduate (M.A.) level and perhaps even beyond. It all depends upon the students’ motivation, eagerness to learn and tenacity of purpose to study and assimilate the instructions meticulously and methodically. The details of this programme are as follows:
- Course Instructor and Facilitator: Prof. K.Unnikrishnan, ‘Swami Sivananda Chair’ Professor, Department of Sanskrit and Philosophy at RKMVERI Deemed to be University
- Course Designer and Coordinator: Swami Japasiddhananda
- Duration of the Level 1 course: 6 months (1 semester)
- Medium of Instruction: English and Sanskrit (with interventions/ explanations in some vernaculars like Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada now and then as may be needed)
- Class Timings:
- Saturdays 7.30 pm to 9 pm
- Sundays 9 am to 10.30 am (Indian Standard Time)
- Course Fee: Rs.2000/- (two thousand only) for the entire course
- Last date to apply: 31 December 2023
- Classes begin on: 6 January 2024, Saturday, 7.30 pm
- Eligibility: Pass in School Final examination (Class X) in first division (minimum 60% aggregate)
- Age Limit: No upper limit
- Certificate: Those passing the online remotely proctored examination at the end of the course will be given a certificate of successful completion provided they have (i) 85% class attendance and (ii) obtain minimum marks of 45% in the examination at the end of the course.
- Moving on to the next higher level: Motivated students obtaining at least 60% marks in the examination to be conducted at the end of the course will be eligible to move on the next higher level course (Level 2)
How to Apply :
- New applicants have to first register on the Online Admission Portal (https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission)
- Then Login and fill up the application form online and upload soft-copies of photo, mark-sheet(s).
- After successfully submitting the online application form, pay the Course fee online from the same Portal.
- Once Application-form is successfully submitted and course-fee is paid, Receipt (also Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the ‘Dashboard‘.
Last date to apply: 31 December 2023
Department of Sanskrit and Philosophy
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
Belur Math, Dist Howrah 711202
(10.30 am to 6.30 pm on all working days)