Admission to the PhD in Sanskrit Programme for the academic year 2023-24
Click here for the list of applicants selected for admission to PhD in Sanskrit for 2023-24 academic year
Last date to take admission: 24 July 2023
Given below are the general instructions for taking admission to Diploma / UG / PG / PG Diploma / MPhil-PhD Programmes at the Belur Main Campus:
- Once you are selected for admission an auto email is sent to your email-id with instructions on admission fees payment.
- check the admission page of the respective department (or the campus) for any other / specific instructions regarding admission.
- Pay the admission fees online from Admission portal. Payment link can be found in the Dashboard of the Portal.
- Upon successful fees payment, the receipt can be downloaded from the Portal. This is your fees receipt.
- Admission fees can also be paid in Cash (less than Rs. 10,000/-) or in Demand Draft mode. See page fees-payment-by-cash-dd for details.
- Download the Admission-cum-Registration form, duly fill it up, sign it and submit it in the Admission office (in Medha Bhavan, Belur campus) along with all the applicable supporting documents/certificates mentioned in the Admission-cum-Registration form.
- Self-attest the photo-copies of the documents/certificates mentioned in the Admission-cum-Registration form before submission.
- Obtain a Physical Fitness certificate from a Physician and submit it along with the other certificates while taking admission. A sample Physical Fitness form is given here: Download the Physical Fitness Certificate form.
- Candidates should bring the following Original documents/Certificates for verification during admission:
- Madhyamik / 10th Std: Admit card, Grade sheet and Certificate,
- Higher Secondary / 12 Std: Grade sheet and Certificate,
- Qualifying degree(s) / Diploma (if applicable): If degree/diploma is completed: Degree certificate (or Provisional degree certificate) and Cumulative Grade sheet or Transcript of all semesters; If the last semester result/grade sheet is NOT yet available: Cumulative Grade sheet or Transcript of all other semesters,
- Proof of Identity and Address: Aadhaar Card / Election ID Card (or Voter Card) / Passport / Driving License,
- A recent passport size photograph of the candidate (unattested),
- Migration Certificate,
- Any other applicable Certificates / Supporting documents, like: proof for claiming reservation under Caste/Category or Economically Weaker Section, Fellowship grant proof for PhD programmes, etc.
- Submission of all applicable documents/certificates along with admission fee payment should be completed on or before the last date (and time) of admission.
- If the candidate does not submit the final semester (or penultimate semester) grade sheet and degree certificate while taking admission (in case these are not yet issued by your Institute) the same should be submitted to the Admission office as soon as they are available and preferably before the close of first semester.
- Admission would be liable to be cancelled if any of the eligibility criteria or mandatory requirements are not met by the candidate. Decision of the University’s authorities will be final in this matter.
Applications are invited for admission to the PhD in Sanskrit Programme for the academic year 2023-24 from candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria.
- 70% marks in BA Sanskrit Hons., together with 70% marks in MA Sanskrit from a UGC recognized University. Candidates whose MA results are yet to be declared also may apply, provided they have 70% marks average in the first three semesters.
- In the current academic year admission is open to men only.
- Applicants should possess UGC NET-JRF (Junior Research Fellowship). (There may be relaxation in exceptional cases)
- Only full-time research scholars will be admitted, and not part-time scholars.
- Areas of specialization: Vyākaraṇa (Pāṇiṇi’s grammar), and Vedānta (with emphasis on Śāṅkara-advaita-vedānta). Candidates should, therefore, have had specialization in these areas at the Master’s level.
- Flawless writing ability and fluent speaking capacity in Sanskrit is sine qua non.
- Written test for 50 marks, followed by viva voce for the shortlisted candidates will be held offline. Original mark sheets, etc. should be produced during the viva-voce. List of selected candidates will be put up on this page.
- Decision of the authorities of the Institute will be final in the matter of selection.
- Online Admission Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the Online Admission Portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the application fee (INR 500.00) online from the same Portal. Link can be found under ‘Options’ next to the program name on the Dashboard.
- While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.
- Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Receipt (also Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the ‘Dashboard‘.
- Admit Card: will be available for download when the dates for Admission Test / Interview are announced. Check this page / Admission Portal regularly for updates.
- Last date to apply : Saturday, 17 June 2023
- The date of the written test and viva-voce will be announced later
For any query you may like to contact:
Department of Sanskrit and Philosophy
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
PO Belur Math, Dist Howrah 711202
(10.30 am to 6.30 pm Monday to Saturday except public holidays)