Admission to the 5 year Integrated MA Programme in Sanskrit (3 years BA Hons. + 2 years MA) for the academic year 2023-24
Applications are invited for admission to the 5 year Integrated Master of Arts Programme in Sanskrit (3 years Bachelor of Arts Hons. + 2 years Master of Arts) for the academic year 2023-24 from candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria.
- Salient Features
- How to apply
- Admission Process
- Model / Sample Question Paper
- Scholarship & Hostel
Salient Features of the programme
- Special care and attention is given towards character building and personality development
- Sanskrit is taught fully in Sanskrit medium
- English and Computer Applications are offered as General Subjects
- Special training in Spoken Sanskrit
- Excellent library and computer lab
Fresh candidates (Boys only) who have at least 70% in class 10 (Madhyamik or equivalent) and 70% in class 12 are eligible to apply. (আবেদন করার জন্য দশম শ্রেণীতে নূন্যতম মোট ৭০% এবং দ্বাদশ শ্রেণীতে নূন্যতম মোট ৭০% নম্বর দরকার। )
How to Apply
- Online Admission Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the Online Admission Portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the application fee (INR 300.00) online from the same Portal. Link can be found under ‘Options’ next to the program name on the Dashboard.
- While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.
- Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Receipt (also Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the ‘Dashboard‘.
- Admit Card: will be available for download when / if the dates for Admission Test / Interview are published. check the Website / Admission Portal regularly for updates.
Last date to apply online : within one week of Higher Secondary result publication
Mode of Entrance Test: Offline
- Written Exam will be conducted within 3 days of Last application date. Exam dates will be published on the website. Subject of the exam would be General Knowledge, Aptitude, Literature skill in Bengali, Sanskrit and English. Some sample question papers are given below.
- Candidates selected based on the written exam score will be called for Interview on the same day from 2.30 pm.
- Selection will be made largely based on the results in the final exams of Classes X, XII, performance in the Entrance Exam and interview.
- Decision of the Selection Committee will be final in the matter of final selection.
Model / Sample Question Paper
Download some model/sample questions to have a feel of what the admission test question paper would be like.
- Model/Sample Question 1 – Bengali Version, Hindi Version
- Model/Sample Question 2 – Bengali Version, Hindi Version
- Model/Sample Question 3 – Bengali Version, English Version
Scholarship & Hostel
- Well-equipped hostel and mess are provided with minimal charges. (Number of seats are 20)
- Meritorious and needy students will be given financial assistance.
For any query you may like to contact:
Department of Sanskrit and Philosophy
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
PO Belur Math, Dist Howrah 711202
(11 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Saturday except public holidays)