Applications are invited from eligible candidates to work as a project fellow for an initial period of one year (renewable for one more year based on assessment/evaluation of performance at the end of six months and again at the end of one year) on the above project under the Indian Knowledge System Samvardhini Project 2022-2023 Scheme of the Ministry of Education, Government of India.
Title of the Project: The relevance and applicability of Kautilya’s Arthashastra for solving current societal problems
Purpose of the Project:
- To make an in-depth study of the ancient text, Kautilya’s magnum opus, the Arthashastra.
- Revisit this ancient treatise with contemporary relevance and application in modern times, to learn about the eternal principles of statecraft, public administration, governance, etc., enshrined in it.
- Discover the applicability of these principles in modern times in order to build a new Bharat (India) that has its roots in the ancient wisdom as enshrined in the Arthashastra with a harmonious blend with the modern science of administration, governance and democracy.
Eligibility of the research fellow:
- Must be capable of independent study of Kautilya’s Arthashastra in original Sanskrit.
- For the above, the candidate should possess at least a postgraduate degree in Sanskrit with some years of research experience; PhD degree in Sanskrit preferable.
- Reasonable proficiency in English.
- Age: less than 30 years.
- Should be devoted and focussed on the project and be able to work Monday through Saturday in a week almost the whole day under the guidance/supervision of the Principal Investigator (Project Lead).
Fellowship/Honorarium per month: Rs.30000/-. No other allowances etc. are admissible.
The candidates should apply to the Registrar along with full Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the following email ID: