Pāṇinīya-praveśa is a new programme being launched by the Department of Sanskrit Studies and Philosophy under School of Indian Heritage at Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute, Belur Math. It is a week-end outreach programme for learning the basics of Pāṇini’s grammar that is considered the most scientific of all grammars in the world. Anyone interested may apply. Age and background no bar.
Currently two courses are being offered: (1) Laghusiddhāntakaumudī for beginners, and (2) Vaiyākaraṇa-siddhāntakaumudī for those who have already studied Laghukaumudī at least in part. Applicants cannot get enrolled in both the courses at the same time.
- Laghusiddhāntakaumudī-1 – (Saṃjñā, Sandhi, Kāraka, Samāsa)
- Siddhāntakaumudī-1 – (Saṃjñā, Paribhāṣā, Pañcasandhi, Kāraka)
- Medium of Instruction: Simple Sanskrit
- Timings: Sundays 10.30 am to 1.30 pm (15 minutes tea break)
- Duration of each Course: One Year (Two semesters with an exam after every six months)
- Fee: Rs.1000/- for one semester
- Requirement: Regularity, Punctuality, and eagerness to learn
- Last date to apply: 20 Sept 2018
- Classes begin on: Sunday, 23 Sept 2018
- Venue: Prajna Bhavan, (RKMVERI) (Formerly known as Vivekananda University), Belur Math
- Sūtrapāṭha: Training in memorization of sūtras through practical lessons in perfect pronunciation of Sanskrit phonemes
- Practical Lessons: Assignments are given and each student will be monitored individually
- Certificate: Those who pass in both the end semester examination will be given a certificate provided they have a minimum of 75% class attendance
- Entry to the next higher level: Students who score 60% or more in the course (marks of the two semesters taken together) will be eligible for the next level course
Please see the admission page.