Admission to the PhD in Sanskrit Programme in Sanskrit for the academic year 2022-23
Applications are invited for admission to the PhD in Sanskrit Programme for the academic year 2022-23 from candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria.
- 65% marks in BA Sanskrit Hons., together with 65% marks in MA Sanskrit from a UGC recognized University. If the final semester results of the MA are yet to be declared, candidates may apply, provided they have 65% marks average in the first three semesters.
- In the current academic year admission is open to men only.
- Applicants should possess UGC NET-JRF (Junior Research Fellowship).
- Only full-time research scholars will be admitted, and not part-time scholars.
- Areas of specialization for the current year 2022-2023 will be Vyākaraṇa (Pāṇiṇi’s grammar), and Vedānta (with emphasis on Śāṅkara-advaita-vedānta). Candidates should, therefore, have had specialization in these areas at the Master’s level.
- Flawless writing ability and fluent speaking capacity in Sanskrit is sine qua non.
- Written test for 50 marks, followed by viva voce for the shortlisted candidates will be held offline. Original marksheets, etc. should be produced during the viva voce. List of selected candidates will be put up on the website: http://sanskrit.rkmvu.ac.in/
- Decision of the authorities of the Institute will be final in the matter of selection.
- Online Admission Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the Online Admission Portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the application fee (INR 500.00) online from the same Portal. Link can be found under ‘Options’ next to the program name on the Dashboard.
- While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.
- Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Receipt (also Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the ‘Dashboard‘.
- Admit Card: will be available for download from the same Portal from the ‘Dashboard‘.
Last date to Apply online : Wednesday, 30 Nov 2022
Total No. of Research Scholars to be admitted : 6
- Last date to apply : Wednesday, 30 Nov 2022
- Entrance Test : Friday, 2 Dec 2022 (10 am–12 pm)
- Viva Voce : Friday, 2 Dec 2022 (3 pm onwards)
- Publication of the list of selected candidates : Saturday, 3 Dec 2022
For any query you may like to contact:
Department of Sanskrit and Philosophy
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
PO Belur Math, Dist Howrah 711202
(10.30 am to 6.30 pm Monday to Saturday except public holidays)