Applications are invited for admission to the Integrated M.Phil. & Ph.D Programme in Sanskrit for the academic year 2021-22 from candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria.
65% marks in B.A. Sanskrit Hons., together with 65% marks in M.A. Sanskrit from a UGC recognized University. (5% relaxation for SC/ST as per Govt. rules). Those whose final semester results of the M.A. examination have not been declared may also apply, along with their marksheets, provided they have obtained 65% marks average in all the semester examinations held so far in the first three semesters.
- In the current academic year admission is open to men only.
Applicants should possess UGC NET-JRF (Junior Research Fellowship).
Those without NET-JRF may also apply provided they have 75% marks or more in M.A. (or, in the first three semesters taken together, if the final semester results are yet to be published), provided they fulfil the other criteria mentioned above.
Only full-time research scholars will be admitted. There is no provision for part-time scholars.
Areas of specialization for the current year 2021-2022 will be Vyākaraṇa (Pāṇiṇi’s grammar) and Vedānta (with emphasis on Śāṅkara-advaita-vedānta). Candidates should therefore have had specialization in these areas at the Master’s level.
It is essential that the candidates should have adequate language skills: flawless writing ability and fluent speaking capacity in Sanskrit.
- Online exam of one hour duration will be conducted on Monday, 2nd August 2021 at 11 am. Link to the google form will be shared with the candidates through email 15 minutes prior to the exam. The submission portal will be closed at 12.15 pm.
- Those who qualify in the written test will be shortlisted for viva voce to be held on Friday, 6th August at 1 pm. The online viva voce, will be held through Google Meet, and the link will be sent to the eligible candidates in time. Original documents of educational qualification & other testimonials should be produced during the viva voce.
- List of finally selected candidates will be announced on our website on Saturday, 7th August 2021, by 5 pm. Website: http://sanskrit.rkmvu.ac.in/
- Decision of the University’s authorities will be final in the matter of final selection.
Online Application Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
New applicants have to first register on the Online Application Portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 500.00) online from the same Portal.
(While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.)
Download the Admit Card: Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Admit Card (also Receipt and Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the Menu/Page ‘Application Status‘ .
Last date to Apply online : 31st July 2021
10 seats available for the Integrated (M.Phil.-Ph.D.) programme in Sanskrit
- Last date to apply : Saturday, 31st July 2021
- Entrance Test (Online) : Monday, 2nd August 2021 (11 am)
- Viva Voce ” Friday, 6th August 2021 at 11 am
- Publication of the list of selected candidates : Saturday, 7th August 2021, by 5 pm
For any query you may like to contact:
Department of Sanskrit and Philosophy
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
PO Belur Math, Dist Howrah 711202
Email : ,
(10.30 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Saturday except public holidays)