Pāṇinīya-praveśa is a new programme being launched by the Department of Sanskrit Studies and Philosophy under School of Indian Heritage at Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute, Belur Math. It is a week-end outreach programme for learning the basics of Pāṇini’s grammar that is considered the most scientific of all grammars in the world. Anyone interested may apply. Age and background no bar.
Currently two courses are being offered: (1) Laghusiddhāntakaumudī for beginners, and (2) Vaiyākaraṇa-siddhāntakaumudī for those who have already studied Laghukaumudī at least in part. Applicants cannot get enrolled in both the courses at the same time.
For details about the programme, please see Academics page.
- For Laghusiddhāntakaumudī-1 – Primary knowledge in Sanskrit
- For Vaiyākaraṇa-siddhāntakaumudī-1 – Knowledge of Laghukaumudī at least in part
- Medium of Instruction: Simple Sanskrit
- Timings: Sundays 10.30 am to 1.30 pm (15 minutes tea break)
- Duration of each Course: One Year (Two semesters with an exam after every six months)
- Fee: Rs.1000/- for one semester
- Requirement: Regularity, Punctuality, and eagerness to learn
- Last date to apply: 20 Sept 2018
- Classes begin on: Sunday, 23 Sept 2018
- Venue: Prajna Bhavan, (RKMVERI) (Formerly known as Vivekananda University), Belur Math
How to Apply:
Download the Registration Form from, fill it up, and submit in person or by post with the fees paid online or in DD/Cheque drawn in favour of “Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute”.
Online payment: pay through RKMVERI Online Payments Portal: https://forms.rkmvu.ac.in
Please write the course name and if fee is paid online then write the online payment ‘Order number’ on the envelope. The form should reach the following address on or before 20 Sept 2018.
Limited seats. Admissions will be on first come first served basis.
Head, Department of Sanskrit Studies
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
PO. Belur Math, Dist. Howrah 711202
Mobile: 9733906986, 8230864238