We are seeking to recruit one Professor in the Department of Sanskrit and Philosophy. Candidates should have passion for teaching and research and be capable of contributing to the academic activities of our vibrant Department of Sanskrit and Philosophy.
Qualifications and experience:
As per the latest UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers in Universities and Colleges and other Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education for direct recruitment of Professor.
UGC Scales of Pay are admissible as per the recommendations of 7th CPC consistent with the West Bengal State as far as possible.
How to Apply
Apply to the Registrar with all details (complete CV with a passport size photograph) by email: . Mark a copy to: .
Last date for receipt of applications: 15 September 2021.
Areas of Expertise required and Eligibility as per UGC norms
- Broad Area: Sahitya and Vedanta (specialization: Viśiṣṭādvaita)
- Related Areas: Nyaya, Vyakarana
- Proficiency required in the science of Sanskrit literature (sāhitya-śāstra)
- Ability for independent research as well as guiding/supervising students in their postgraduate dissertations and PhD theses is essential
- First class or equivalent at the postgraduate/preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout
- Publications (papers, books, etc.) of high standard
- Special Note: As the medium of instruction in the Sanskrit department of our Institute is fully Sanskrit, fluency in immaculate spoken Sanskrit with great felicity in flawless written Sanskrit, excellent communication skill in Sanskrit is sine qua non.