Admission to the 5 year Integrated MA Programme in Sanskrit (3 years BA Hons. + 2 years MA) for the academic year 2021-22
Instructions for taking Admission :
Last date to take admission: on or before 3rd September 2021
- Admission Fees: to be paid at the time of taking admission: Rs. 1000/-
- Pay the admission fees online from the Online Admission Portal ( Click here ).
- Download the Admission-cum-Registration form, duly fill it and sign it. Take a soft-copy of this and email it to admission office () along with the soft-copies of all the applicable supporting documents/certificates mentioned in the Admission-cum-Registration form.
- NOTE: Remember to mention your name, Application No. and the ‘programme applied for’ in the email.
- Download the Physical Fitness Certificate form (to be submitted along with admission-form OR later when joining the programme in face-to-face mode)
- Submission of all applicable documents/certificates along with admission fee payment should be completed on or before the last date of admission.
- Academic Fees to be paid at the end of every month: Rs. 1500/-. Instructions will be given about this later
- If all the eligibility criteria and mandatory requirements are not met by the applicant, his / her admission would be liable to be cancelled. The decision of the University’s authorities will be final and binding in this matter.
Applications are invited for admission to the 5 year Integrated MA Programme in Sanskrit (3 years BA Hons. + 2 years MA) for the academic year 2021-22 from candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria.
- Salient Features
- How to apply
- Admission Process
- Model / Sample Question Paper
- Important Dates
- Scholarship & Hostel
Salient Features of the programme
- Special care and attention is given towards character building and personality development
- Sanskrit is taught fully in Sanskrit medium
- English and Computer Applications are offered as General Subjects
- Special training in Spoken Sanskrit
- Excellent library and computer lab
Fresh candidates (Men only) who have at least 70% in class 10 (Madhyamik or equivalent) and 70% in class 12 are eligible to apply. (আবেদন করার জন্য দশম শ্রেণীতে নূন্যতম মোট ৭০% এবং দ্বাদশ শ্রেণীতেও নূন্যতম মোট ৭০% নম্বর দরকার। )
- Online entrance exam of one hour duration will be conducted on Thursday, 19 August 2021 at 12 noon. Subject of the exam would be General Knowledge, Aptitude test. Link to the google form will be shared with the candidates through email 15 minutes prior to the exam. By 1.10 pm the submission portal will be closed.
- List of candidates selected for online counselling will be announced on Friday, 20 August 2021 by 5 pm.
- Online counselling will be held on 21 August 2021 and 23 August 2021 at 11 am, through Google Meet. The link will be sent to the selected candidates by email in advance. Mark sheet of the Secondary (10th standard) or its equivalent exam should be produced during the online counselling.
- Final list of selected candidates for admission will be announced on the website on Wednesday, 25 August 2021 by 5 pm.
- Selection will be made largely based on the results in the final exams of Classes X, while the performance in the online test will also be given some weightage.
- Decision of the Selection Committee will be final in the matter of final selection.
- Last date to apply – Monday, 16 August 2021
- Entrance Test – Wednesday, 19 August 2021 (12 noon)
- Announcement of the list of candidates selected for counselling – Friday, 20 August by 7 pm
- Online Counselling – Saturday 21 and Monday 23 August at 11 am
- Announcement of the final list of selected candidates on the website – Wednesday, 25 August 2021 by 7 pm
- Selected candidates should get admitted on or before: Friday, 3 September 2021
- Classes for the newly admitted candidates well begin on Monday, 6 September 2021
Scholarship & Hostel
- Well-equipped hostel and mess are provided with minimal charges. (Number of seats are 20)
- Meritorious and needy students will be given financial assistance.
For any query you may like to contact:
Department of Sanskrit and Philosophy
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
PO Belur Math, Dist Howrah 711202
Email : ,
Mobile : 8230864238
(10.30 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Saturday except public holidays)