Applications are invited for admission to the 5 year Integrated MA Programme in Sanskrit (3 years BA Hons. + 2 years MA) for the academic year 2021-22 from candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria.
- Salient Features
- How to apply
- Admission Process
- Model / Sample Question Paper
- Important Dates
- Scholarship & Hostel
Salient Features of the programme
- Special care and attention is given towards character building and personality development
- Sanskrit is taught fully in Sanskrit medium
- English and Computer Applications are offered as General Subjects
- Special training in Spoken Sanskrit
- Excellent library and computer lab
Fresh candidates (Men only) who have at least 70% in class 10 (Madhyamik or equivalent) and 70% in class 12 are eligible to apply. (আবেদন করার জন্য দশম শ্রেণীতে নূন্যতম মোট ৭০% এবং দ্বাদশ শ্রেণীতেও নূন্যতম মোট ৭০% নম্বর দরকার। )
How to Apply
Apply online and pay online
- Online Application Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the Online Application Portal, then Login and Apply.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 300.00) online from the same Portal.
- (While applying online, attach the scan copies of your passport size photo and mark-sheets.)
- Once Application form is successfully submitted and fee is paid, Admit Card can be downloaded from the Online Application Portal and saved for future use.
Last date to apply online : Monday, 2nd August 2021
- Online entrance exam of one hour duration will be conducted on Wednesday, 4th August 2021 at 12 noon. Subject of the exam would be General Knowledge, Aptitude test. Link to the google form will be shared with the candidates through email 15 minutes prior to the exam. By 1.10 pm the submission portal will be closed.
- List of candidates selected for online counselling will be announced on Friday, 6th August 2021 by 5 pm.
- Online counselling will be held on Monday, 9th August 2021 and Tuesday, 10th August 2021 at 11 am, through Google Meet. The link will be sent to the selected candidates by email in advance. Mark sheet of the Secondary (10th standard) or its equivalent exam should be produced during the online counselling.
- Final list of selected candidates for admission will be announced on the website on Wednesday, 11th August 2021 by 5 pm.
- Selection will be made largely based on the results in the final exams of Classes X, while the performance in the online test will also be given some weightage.
- Decision of the Selection Committee will be final in the matter of final selection.
Model / Sample Question Paper
Download some model/sample questions to have a feel of what the admission test question paper would be like.
- Model/Sample Question 1 – Bengali Version, Hindi Version
- Model/Sample Question 2 – Bengali Version, Hindi Version
- Model/Sample Question 3 – Bengali Version, English Version
- Last date to apply – Monday, 2nd August 2021
- Entrance Test – Wednesday, 4th August 2021 (12 noon)
- Announcement of the list of candidates selected for counselling – Friday, 6th August by 5 pm
- Online Counselling – Monday 9th and Tuesday 10th August at 11 am
- Announcement of the final list of selected candidates on the website – Wednesday, 11th August 2021 by 5 pm
Scholarship & Hostel
- Well-equipped hostel and mess are provided with minimal charges. (Number of seats are 20)
- Meritorious and needy students will be given financial assistance.
For any query you may like to contact:
Department of Sanskrit and Philosophy
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
PO Belur Math, Dist Howrah 711202
Email : ,
Mobile : 8230864238
(10.30 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Saturday except public holidays)