The position has been filled up. This notification is closed now
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Professor in the Department of Sanskrit and Philosophy, RKMVERI (Deemed University), Belur Main Campus, Howrah, West Bengal.
Qualifications and experience
Candidates should possess first class at the graduate and postgraduate levels, with at least 75% at the M.A. level and good academic record throughout. They should be endowed with deep interest in teaching and research in Vedanta.
Qualifications and experience will be as per the latest UGC Regulations on ‘Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers in Universities and Colleges and other Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education’.
UGC scales of pay will be paid as per the recommendations of 7th CPC suitably adapted to West Bengal State norms in the case of HRA.
Last date for receipt of applications: 15 March 2022
Areas of Expertise required and Eligibility as per UGC norms
- Essential Qualification: UGC-NET, M.A. in Sanskrit ((Vyakarana/Vedanta), Ph.D. in Sanskrit (Vyakarana/Vedanta).
(Special Note: Candidates without Ph.D., but possessing UGC-NET, may also apply but they will be considered, if at all, for contractual position only (with consolidated salary at the level of UGC-JRF/SRF according to their years of research experience) till they acquire Ph.D. However, there is no guarantee that they will be absorbed in a substantive position later.
- Teaching capability: Capable of teaching advanced level texts in Vedanta and Vyakarana.
- Research capability: Capable of conducting independent research as well as guiding and supervising research scholars for Ph.D. in Vyakarana and/or Vedanta.
- Additional capability: Sound knowledge of Nyaya preferable
- Communication skills absolutely essential: As the medium of instruction in our Sanskrit Department is fully Sanskrit, fluency in immaculate spoken Sanskrit and competency in flawless written Sanskrit, are the sine qua non. Those with deficiency in this aspect may not apply despite the other qualifications stated before.