We are glad to inform you of the seventh series of Special Lectures in the current academic session 2018-19 by Prof. Nagaraj Paturi from Hyderabad. The professor shall speak on topics of contemporary relevance in the field of Sanskrit learning and research at the Department of Sanskrit Studies, Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (RKMVERI), Belur Math.
Prof. Paturi, former visiting professor, University of Chicago, US, holds a doctoral degree from the University of Hyderabad for research in Myth Criticism of 16th Century Narrative Poems. Presently he is the Director of the Indic Academy of Sanskrit Indological Studies, and Inter-University Centre for Indic Knowledge Systems, Hyderabad. He is also as a member of the board of studies at several esteemed Universities. Long experience in education, wide exposure to modern trends in academics, up-to-date knowledge of emerging challenges in the field of Sanskrit studies and research have all rendered him a rare blend of the traditional and the modern in one. Prof. Paturi’s fervour in serving the cause of Indian nation and its culture at the global level sets a benchmark worthy of emulation by modern youth stranded at the cross-roads, as it were, in this age of information overflow.
The professor will speak on topics of current interest such as:
- “Challenges faced by Sanskrit Studies during 21st Century and our tasks” on 17 Jan 2019, from 11.15 to 1 pm
- “Modern Creative vibrant life of Sanskrit” 18 Jan 2019, from 7.15 to 9.15 am
- “Ramayana othering? Bharata brothering?” 19 Jan 2019, from 7.15 to 9.15 am
- “Useful western knowledge for Sanskrit students” on 19 Jan 2019, from 11.15 am to 1 pm
- “Articulating India to the West or Tradition to the Modern” 19 Jan 2019, from 6.30 to 8.30 pm
Click here for complete schedule of the lectures – Lecture Schedule
Seminar Hall, Prajna Bhavan
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
PO Belur Math, Dist Howrah 711202 Belur Main Campus
All are heartily welcome to attend the lectures
Click here for : Notification
Head, Department of Sanskrit Studies
7 Jan 2019